ABOUT CDCFest: Mission
The CDCFest is an exciting professional Contemporary Dance Choreography Festival bringing together emerging and established choreographers to present their work in Orlando, FL. The city of Orlando has a dynamic art scene and state of the art theaters in which dance continues to impact. This festival's mission is to provide choreographers a space to present their work, chosen by a panel of professional artists in the field, while building a strong network among the dance community in Orlando. The CDCFest will showcase the power that contemporary dance can have in a community with work from global artists who are commenting on current issues or concepts in the world.
A widely respected former member of the Limón Dance Company for more than a decade, Puleio was appointed only the sixth Artistic Director in the Company’s 74-year history, a position that originated with Doris Humphrey. After a diverse performing career with the Limón Dance Company, touring national and international musical theatre productions, television and film, he received his MFA from University of California, Irvine. His research focuses on contextualizing mid 20th century dance for the contemporary artist and audience. He is committed to implementing that research by celebrating José Limón's historical legacy and reimagining his intention and vision to reflect the rapidly shifting 21st century landscape.
Due to the COVID-19, the 2020 CDCFest has been cancelled.
Check back with us around October for the 2021 CDCFest applications to be open!
McClaine is the Founder and Artistic Director of the Contemporary Dance Choreography Festival (CDCFest). She is an awarded choreographer, Nationally Certified Pilates instructor, business owner, and dance educator.
She is currently the Assistant Director of Dance and Adjunct Faculty at Sacred Heart University.
McClaine received her MFA in Dance from the University of California, Irvine and her BA in Dance from Columbia College Chicago. Prior to receiving her degrees, she trained with Orlando
Ballet School/Company and North Carolina School of the Arts.
Her choreography was awarded “Best Choreography” in regional and national competitions, showcased at the "New Grounds" Choreography Festival at University South Florida, adjudicated in the ACDA Baja Regional Conference in Torrence CA, competed in the 19th Annual McCullum Theater Education Choreography Festival as a finalist in Palm Desert CA, and presented in the "EAST meets WEST" International Dance Festival at University California Irvine, the ‘Dance-Forms’ 72nd International Choreographer’s Showcase in Scotland, and the WHITE WAVE Solo/Duo International Choreography Festival in NYC. She was also a guest choreographer for the US International Ballet Company.
Anna Lee Normann
Anna Lee is a social researcher and dance maker. She is a founding member of Kate Corby and Dancers and has performed regularly in Chicago, New York City and Madison, Wisconsin. She holds her BA in Dance from Columbia College Chicago and has had the privilege to create, collaborate and perform with The Humans, Mordine and Company, Draves/Kalpana Dance, The Fly Honeys, Paige Cunningham and Christopher Knowlton, to name a few. She was chosen as a SummerSpace residency recipient in 2016 to choreograph work reflecting on her two years living in West Java as a Peace Corps Volunteer. Anna currently resides in Western Australia where she has completed her Masters and works with Perth Festival, the oldest international arts festival in the Southern Hemisphere.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Submissions for 2020 CDCFest are no longer being accepted
Rules & Regulations:
- All dancers must be 16+
- Choreographers must be 18+
- Choreographers may submit multiple pieces; each with separate Applications and Fees
- Each entry will be reviewed and chosen by a panel of professional artists in the field
- Submissions must be in the contemporary dance style
*(contemporary ballet accepted)
- Must provide url link to your video of proposed work
- Must pay the $60 Application fee in order to be considered (non-refundable unless concert is cancelled)
- Dances must be 3-9 minutes in length
- Choreographers may choose to perform in their own work if desired
- Each chosen choreographer will receive 2 comp tickets to the performance
Included in Festival Activities:
* There will be a master class and lunch social offered the morning of the performance, providing a space to network for all choreographers and dancers.
* Free wine reception after the performance
* Free CDCFest T-shirt for each choreographer and performer
* Free Video and Photos of your work
* One choreographer, chosen by the panel, will be offered the opportunity to either:
1. Choreograph a new work to be presented in the 2021 Festival.
2. Participate as a panel member for the 2021 Festival.
COME SEE CDCFest!!
*Once you purchase your tickets, you will receive an email from CDCFest to confirm your attendance. Your tickets will be held at will call.
Where: The Bush Theater @ The Orlando REP
1001 E Princeton St, Orlando, FL 32803
When: Sunday June, 14th 2020 8pm
* Tickets include FREE wine reception
*Buy tickets above or via Venmo $20
Venmo User name: @CDCFest under "McClaine Timmerman"
**Please write the number of tickets and under what name you would like us to hold at will call.
- Send URL Link of video (YouTube or Vimeo) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, title of work, length of piece, and number of dancers.
Application Deadline- January 15th, 2020
* Video can be rehearsal footage
- Submit Application Fee $60
*Chosen choreographers will be notified no later than (date TBA)
Are you an arts advocate? Please make a donation or become a sponsor to help support this annual festival. Any donation can be used to help the choreographers and dancers coming from out of state to participate in this diverse and eclectic festival!