Rules and Regulations
Submissions are now OPEN
They will be closed for consideration Jan. 15th, 2021
Rules & Regulations:
- All dancers must be 16+
- Choreographers must be 18+
- Choreographers who are chosen are responsible for travel arrangements and all other related expenses.
- Choreographers may submit multiple pieces; each with separate Applications and Fees
- Each entry will be reviewed and chosen by a panel of professional artists in the field
- Submissions must be in the contemporary dance style
*(contemporary ballet accepted)
- Dances must be 3-9 minutes in length
- * Video can be rehearsal footage
- Choreographers may choose to perform in their own work if desired
- Must provide url link to your video of proposed work
- Must pay the $60 Application fee in order to be considered (non-refundable unless concert is cancelled)
- Last day to submit is January, 14th, 2021 by midnight**
- The Performance Location:
The Bush Theater @ The Orlando REP
1001 E Princeton St, Orlando, FL 32803
- Performance Date and Time
Saturday, June 5th OR 19th, 2021
The official date will be announced soon*
New COVID-19 Additions:
- The 2021 CDCFest Performance will be live-streamed and recorded only.
- Every choreographer and dancer will be required to sign a waiver releasing any fault to the theater, CDCFest, or McClaine Timmerman if they begin to experience symptoms of or contract the COVID-19 virus during or after the Festival.
- Upon entry to the theater building you will have your temperature checked and answer a questionnaire about your symptoms.
- All participants will wear their masks at all times unless on the stage in tech rehearsal or performance.
- Smaller casts will be given special consideration for the overall number of participants needs to remain low.
Included in Festival Activities:
*Chosen Choreographers for the 2021 Festival will have an opportunity to win $350.00. Only one choreographer will win. Details will come in March.
* Free CDCFest T-shirt for each choreographer and performer
* Free Video and Photos of your work
* One choreographer, chosen by the panel, will be offered the opportunity to either:
1. Choreograph a new work to be presented in the 2022 Festival.
2. Participate as a panel member for the 2022 Festival.
(Keep in mind if you are on the panel you may not submit work)
- Send URL Link of video (YouTube or Vimeo) to email@example.com. Please include your name, where you are from, title of work, length of work, and number of dancers.
Application Deadline- January 14th, 2020 by midnight
- Submit Application Fee $60
*Chosen choreographers will be notified no later than Feb. 15th, 2021